sUCCESSFUL Sellers Prepare their homeS for the market
7 Steps to Sell
- Understand the Market Trends: home prices vary frequently and suddenly. Charter Realty will work with you to bring valuable experience and local market knowledge to the table - we'll help you decipher local market fluctuations and help you prepare your home for sale: Charter Realty can help you understand your market and determine what has sold and what has not
- Limit Your Risk: set your price too high - limit viewing from potential buyers; set your price too low - you may sell more quickly, but you risk making less money on the sale: Charter Realty can help you examine the record of home sales in your neighborhood over the past several months to set the right price for the right market
- The Home Inspection: planning a pre-sale inspection can help determine potential issues and enable you to address them prior to putting your home on the market so you are fully prepared for a smooth sales process
- Prepare Your Curb Appeal: make your home appear "move in ready" - follow the tips below:
Inside & Out
- remove personal effects such as photos and memorabilia. While these are the items that make your home yours, your goal is to create an environment that a potential buyer can envision as their own.
- clean everything inside and outside of your home and develop a plan to keep your house attractive during the sales process.
- present the brightest home: open the curtains and turn on the lights during open houses and when real estate agents are conducting showings.
- Paint & Repair: consider enhancing rooms with a fresh coat of paint and be sure to repair items that need attention.
- Outside: consistently maintain a mowed lawn and consider planting seasonal flowers. Also, trim hedges, trees and bushes.
CONTACT CHARTER REALTY
to learn more about sales preparation, and find out what YOU need to do to get started.
CHARTER REALTY (864) 442-5151